Featured Education Sessions
Optimizing Your Beer Menu for Maximum Profit
Sunday, May 21, 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., E350
Are you leveraging your beer menu to the fullest? With the right know-how, your beer menu can complement your food menu and vice versa to create sales opportunities you may never have considered. Attend this session to learn where the two menus meet, with beer as an ingredient, not just a beverage. We’ll explore optimal beer menu organization, beer descriptions that sell, pairing execution and much more.
1. Explore how both beer menus and food menus can work together to drive sales
2. Discuss the importance of beer pairing suggestions and the best way to execute
3. Identify the best ways to train your staff teams to communicate the best beer experiences for your customers
— John Oros, Senior Director – On Premise, Category Management & Sales Strategy, Anheuser-Busch
Growing Your Check Size and Responsible Service Training—Can They Live in Harmony?
Monday, May 22, 3:15 - 4:15 p.m., E350
Increasing revenue and responsible service training at first appear to be forces working in opposition to each other, but there is a way to balance these two essential components of a successful operation. This session will discuss the importance of responsible service and go through real world examples of operations that are committed to responsible service and also have financial success.
1. Discuss how the diverse regulations from different jurisdictions impact everything from training requirements to happy hour laws
2. Discover how successful operations have balanced responsible service and revenue growth
3. Identify ways that suppliers can assist in creating programs that balance responsibility and increased product sales
Jay Lerdal, Product Manager, ServeSafe, National Restaurant Association
Trista Kimber, Director of Training & Design, Hooters of America
Carlie McLean, Training and Talent Development Manager, Levy Restaurants
John Oros, Senior Director – On Premise, Category Management & Sales Strategy, Anheuser-Busch